This site uses affiliate links. Links to products and services in this post may earn me a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping to make this site possible!
How do you show yourself love? Self love affirmations can help you heal, and empower you to embrace happiness and be more confident.
It’s important to note that affirmations are a starting point; they aren’t a magical cure for low self-esteem. But they’re a great way to get started in the process of rewiring your mind towards self love.
Starting a daily practice of looking in the mirror and telling yourself some positive statements can really help strengthen your spirit. Particularly if you are in the process of rededicating your life to yourself; showing yourself some love can empower you on that journey.
Some of these affirmations will be explicitly spiritual, using words like “spirit” and talking about “the Universe” as an entity.
If there are words that don’t resonate with you, swap them for other ones, or move on to the next affirmation!
This list is meant to inspire you to choose your own set of affirmations that will mean something to you. Take what you can from each suggestion, and leave the rest.
When To Use Your Affirmations
You can set aside time to say your affirmations:
- as part of a morning routine. Self love affirmations are a great way to start your day from a place of love and acceptance.
- throughout the day, as the need arises. If you feel yourself losing confidence or lacking in self-esteem, pull out some affirmations. Say them aloud, or in your head if you’re not able to find privacy at the moment. You can even write them out, focusing on each word as you put it to paper.
- before bed. Part of a good evening routine can involve praising yourself for what you accomplished that day, and loving yourself through whatever aspects of the day may have left you feeling vulnerable.
How and when you use affirmations is a highly customizable experience – find what works for you!
And now, let’s get on to these affirmations.
9 Self Love Affirmations for Confidence
Sometimes, real self care means reminding yourself what a badass you are. Here are some affirmations for confidence, because you’re awesome and you deserve to know it.
- I am so much more capable than I give myself credit for.
- I can do hard things.
- I worship myself, knowing how precious I am.
- The Universe is rooting for me to succeed.
- I give myself permission to suck when trying new things, knowing that failure doesn’t affect my worth.
- I am not afraid of failure, because I know that mistakes are opportunities for me to learn.
- I’m so proud of all that I have accomplished so far.
- I always do my best, and that is enough.
- I am a confident person.
9 Self Love Affirmations for Happiness
Happiness truly is a state of mind. And while I don’t advocate toxic positivity, I do believe there is value in prioritizing satisfaction. Here are some affirmations for happiness that can help you notice, accept, and create joy in your own life.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I gratefully recognize all the aspects of my life that bring me joy.
- Happiness comes naturally to me.
- I practice happiness as a sacred act of self love.
- Even in the darkest of times, I know that happiness is just around the corner.
- I allow happiness to flow to me, knowing I am deserving of joy and contentment.
- I surround myself with people that inspire joy in me.
- I prioritize doing things that make me happy.
- I make myself happy by honoring my spirit.
9 Self Love Affirmations for Healing
Maybe someone has told you the opposite of these things. Maybe you’ve learned them through the way society treats people who are vulnerable. Here are some things you can say to remind yourself that you deserve better.
- It is okay for me to rest and recuperate.
- I allow myself to feel all my feelings.
- Nothing I feel is wrong. Feelings are not right or wrong; they just are.
- I give myself space to cry when I need to.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I deserve to be seen and accepted for who I am.
- I reach out for help when I need it.
- I recognize that healing is a nonlinear process, and give myself space to feel authentically through all the ups and downs of that journey.
- I love myself.
BONUS: 5 Create-Your-Own Affirmations
The ideas I’ve listed above may or may not resonate with you. If they do, great! Use them as often as you like! But if you want to change any of them or put them into your own words, that can make them even more powerful.
Creating affirmations that are specific to your own life makes them feel more personal and, in turn, more effective.
Here are some fill-in-the-blank affirmations for self love.
- I am ______, ______, and ______, and I love that about myself.
- I’m good at ______.
- I am getting better at ______, more and more each day.
- I deserve and can achieve my dream of ______.
- I forgive myself for ______, and know that my past mistakes don’t define my worth.
Transform Negative Thoughts
Another good idea for creating your own affirmations for self love would be to take your negative thoughts and turn them around.
So, if you catch yourself thinking, “I’m not good enough. I’ll never be able to do ______,” you can create an affirmation by saying the opposite! “I am good enough! I can do ______ if I persevere and believe in myself.”
I hope that some of these self love affirmations will brighten your day and help you feel closer to the best and brightest parts of you, while also helping you love and accept the dark parts, too.
You are a beautiful, wonderful, powerful being who is full of potential. You are worthy of your own love and the love of others. I will affirm that for you. I hope you’ll affirm it for yourself, too.