This site uses affiliate links. Links to products and services in this post may earn me a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping to make this site possible!
There’s a lot of fear and pain in the world today. Amidst all the darkness, affirmations for negative thoughts can help you feel empowered rather than hopeless.
When dealing with negative thoughts, it’s important to counter them and not let them hold power over you.
So, here are 27 positive affirmations for negative thoughts.
Let’s dive right in!
New to affirmations? Check out this quick guide on how to use them effectively!
Positive Affirmations for Negative Thoughts
1. I can give myself the space to feel pain, anxiety, and anger without letting those feelings consume me.
2. When I find that a thought does not serve me, I release it.
3. My mind is a garden; I am mindful of the thoughts I grow there.
4. I am choosing to lean into hope rather than crumble in fear.
5. It is okay for me to rest; I cannot address all of my worries in one day.
6. I give myself permission to take a break from thinking when my thoughts aren’t getting me anywhere.
7. While I may not be able to control the initial thoughts that enter my mind, I can control whether or not I focus on them.
8. I give myself permission to seek help from loved ones when my negative thoughts become too much for me to bear on my own.
9. When I find myself thinking negatively, I ask myself what I really need.
That last one is an important reminder that, oftentimes, when we find ourselves overwhelmed with negative thinking, we really just need to rest.
Have you eaten recently? Are you dehydrated?
Maybe you’re all sticky and sweaty from the summer heat and you could use a cool shower. (I know I tend to get a little panicky when I’m overheated.)
Or, perhaps you just need to sleep it off.
Affirmations can go a long way, but sometimes we just need to shut our brains off for a while and recuperate!
Positive Affirmations for Negative Thoughts about the Future
10. Whatever the future holds, I have the strength to persevere into the next day.
11. I will not spend the reality of the present obsessing over the “what if”s of the future.
12. I am capable of taking on the future boldly, bravely, and brightly.
13. Thinking will not change my future; only action can do that.
14. The future is built by the choices I make right now; let’s focus on what I can do today.
15. Rather than worrying about a future that might happen, I will focus on what I can actually do to create the future I want.
16. I will not worry about things I cannot control.
17. No matter what the future holds, I know I have people who will always be there for me.
18. I am choosing to spend today’s time and energy on today.
Positive Affirmations for Negative Thoughts about Yourself
19. I am more capable than I give myself credit for.
20. Every perceived failure is an opportunity for me to learn and grow.
21. I am inherently worthy of love – especially my own.
22. There is nothing wrong with the core of who I am.
23. I am committed to loving myself at all times.
24. I will not let any outside negativity bring down my own opinion of myself.
25. If I wouldn’t say it to my dearest friend, I will not say it to myself.
26. I will counter every negative thought I have about myself with a positive one.
27. My sense of self stems from a place of love, not fear.
Need a little more self love in your life? Here are 27 more affirmations for you!
And, while we’re on the subject, here’s a self love playlist!
The mind is a powerful thing.
The thoughts we choose to follow can either lead us to bliss, or destruction.
Think about the kind of thoughts you want to cultivate in your own mind.
Of course, it’s natural for negative thoughts to pop up now and then. Sometimes, our anxiety can actually help us prepare for a situation.
But at the end of the day, do you want a mind garden full of weeds, or beautiful, blossoming flowers?
I hope that at least some of these affirmations will help you combat your negative thoughts and replace them with empowering ones. ❤️
Dealing with negative thoughts? Kick back and relax with a calming playlist. 😌 🎶
Can you think of another affirmation for negative thoughts? Share yours in the comments below! ⬇️⬇️⬇️