This site uses affiliate links. Links to products and services in this post may earn me a small commission if you choose to make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping to make this site possible!
The end of summer is a perfect time to break out some autumn affirmations!
Autumn brings change.
From the colorful leaves, to their inevitable fall, to the weather cooling down…
Many people embark on new journeys in autumn. It might be the start of a new school year, or an autumn wedding, or moving house.
Whatever the case, change and autumn go hand in hand.
And change isn’t easy for everyone!
So, in this post, we’ll list some autumn affirmations for embracing change, as well as back-to-school affirmations, general inspiring affirmations for autumn, and even some Mabon and Samhain affirmations for our witchy friends!
How to Use Affirmations
If you’re new to using affirmations, here’s a quick overview:
- Affirmations are uplifting phrases that can help us boost our mood and retrain our brains to be more positive.
- Use affirmations by saying them aloud to yourself (preferably when you’re alone and have a moment to be mindful).
- Remember that affirmations are a starting point and that through repeated use of phrases that resonate with you, you can begin to internalize those words.
Autumn Affirmations for Embracing Change
Change can be intimidating… or exciting!
Often, change comes with some mixed feelings.
There may be exciting new prospects, but also a bit of uncertainty.
What if something goes wrong? What if it’s not how you’ve been imagining it?
These affirmations for embracing change will reassure you that you have what it takes to make the most of every new situation.
1. I take time to notice the beauty of the changes happening around me, both in nature and in my own life.
2. I am grateful for what this last chapter in my life has taught me.
3. I look forward to what the next season in my life will bring.
4. I’m proud of myself for weathering the seasons as they change.
5. I choose to see change as an opportunity to learn and grow.
6. I will not allow fear of the unknown to keep me from embracing change.
7. I release the past, embrace the present, and look to the future with peace and strength.
Autumn Affirmations for Going Back to School
For many, autumn coincides with a new school year.
While you’re busy shopping for back to school supplies, preparing your schedule, and getting your brain back in Study Mode, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
Here are seven autumn affirmations to help you feel confident (and even excited!) about going back to school.
1. I am committed to my education this year.
2. If there is something I don’t understand, I will seek guidance rather than give up.
3. My education is important, but not at the cost of my mental health.
4. While I do love learning, I remember that my self worth is not dependent on academic success.
5. I am dedicated to my overall wellbeing during this school year.
6. I see failure as an opportunity to learn more, rather than a push to give up.
7. I am looking forward to learning new things this school year.
Inspiring Affirmations for Autumn
Even if you’re not going back to school or facing any big changes this season, autumn is still a great time to get reflective.
Here are seven inspiring affirmations for autumn.
1. If I look for things to be grateful for this season, I will find them.
2. This season is the perfect time for me to connect with nature.
3. I enjoy spending time outdoors and watching the colorful leaves fall during this season.
4. I choose to embrace the current season of my life, rather than lose myself in the past or worry about the future.
5. I seek spiritual renewal during this season. (Whatever that means for me.)
6. I breathe in the autumn air with mindful appreciation.
7. My life is in my own hands; I can make this season whatever I want it to be.
Pssst. Hey, fellow Earth lover!
Looking for some eco-friendly school supplies?
EarthHero’s got you covered, with notebooks, pens, lunch containers, and more back-to-school essentials for all ages, all from sustainable brands!
Samhain Affirmations, Thanksgiving Affirmations, & Affirmations for Mabon
Samhain (pronounced “sah-win”) is a Celtic celebration of the end of summer, which served as inspiration for a better-known autumn holiday; Halloween.
While Halloween may not seem to have much purpose to it beyond fun costumes and trick or treating, Samhain has a more spiritual origin.
During Samhain, people celebrate the harvest and remember those who’ve passed on.
Similarly, Mabon, a pagan holiday celebrated around the autumn equinox, is a time to think about what we’ve been harvesting in our lives.
Thanksgiving is a similar holiday, where we take time to connect with others and be both grateful and generous.
All these holidays can inspire us to remember all that we have, and all we can give.
Going with those themes, here are six Thanksgiving, Mabon and Samhain affirmations to help you reflect during the autumn holidays!
1. I hold space in my heart for loved ones who have been lost.
2. I prioritize connecting with those that are still here.
3. I can both mourn the loss of a loved one and still celebrate the life they lived.
4. Gratefulness is part of my daily routine.
5. I am happy to share what I can with others.
6. I am glad to celebrate the harvest of what I’ve worked for in past seasons.
What have you harvested this year?
What behaviors have led to joy?
It doesn’t have to be a big accomplishment, like progress in your career or education.
Think of the relationships you’ve developed, the inner growth you’ve worked toward, the little moments you’ve allowed yourself to enjoy so far this year.
Take a moment to reflect on your journey, feeling grateful for all your triumphs, peaceful about where you are now, and hopeful about where you’re headed in this season and beyond.
Autumn is a great time to get crafty. Why not create your own affirmation cards?
Speaking of creating, let’s talk about the most important creation any of us make: our selves!
What do you look forward to most in autumn? Can you think of any additional affirmations for the season? Share in the comments below! ⬇️⬇️⬇️